I am interested in the slow gaze of reality that occurs when I am painting.
I work in an intuitive way. The work I have carried out to date is closely related to the idea that in photography, the reality becomes an image and it is subsequently translated into another reality when painted. In my view, the goal is not to reproduce a mechanical/digital photograph into painting, but to build a pictorial image. The paintings are striking in their ‘emotional impenetrability’, they posses and produce a kind of silence, a demonstrable lack of legibility, even a difficulty that outstrips their subject matter per se. With this notion in mind I slow the process of perception in order to allow paths towards new interpretations from pre-existing images, urging the viewer to question their assumptions of what they are looking at.
- FIRST AND FOREMOST, DOUBT / ANTE TODO LA DUDA.
- LA PINTURA A TRAVÉS DEL ESPEJO / Painting Through the Looking Glass.
- MAITE DITUT MAITE. (Carolina Puigdevall Claver) (Esp.)
- MISE EN ABYME. (Plǝt- ) (Eng.)
- 20 MINUTOS DE PENSAMIENTO ABSTRACTO. (Press Release)